[tech] UCC OpenID server upgrade

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 19 20:25:32 WST 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Matt Didcoe wrote:
> The UCC OpenID server is currently only working with the version 1
> specification from what I've been led to believe (
> http://wiki.ucc.asn.au/AdminProjects)
>
> JanRain has a new version of the Python OpenID library out with v2 spec
> included.
>
> Did we want to start talking about doing an upgrade and investigating how
> hard it would be to replace the libraries (ie. any conflicts)

For those of you playing at home, you can check out the code over Monotone
with
  mkdir -p ~/.monotone/dbs
  mtn --db ~/.monotone/dbs/uccid.db db init
  mtn --db ~/.monotone/dbs/uccid.db sync monotone.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au au.asn.ucc.uccid
  mtn --db ~/.monotone/dbs/uccid.db checkout -r 0aab -b au.asn.ucc.uccid
  cd au.asn.ucc.uccid

(There are two unmerged heads, because someone forgot to branch before
committing, I think. You probably want the one that has the 0.1.1 tag in
the history.)

I could be persuaded to turn it into a git repo if there was enough
demand. Monotone is a nice version control system, but has probably lost
the VCS wars to git/hg/bzr.

David Adam
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Ask Me About Our SLA!