[tech] Manduba Update

James French frenchie at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 23 15:58:39 WST 2009

Hi All,

Trs80 and I spent a bit of time looking at Manduba's current woes. At
present it is throwing SCSI errors which may exlain why it has been
kernel panicing. Given the cables themselves haven't been removed I'm
inclined to think that either the controller or the disk tray are on
their way out. We have spares of the latter.

For now I'm logging the output of the serial console for more info at
the next crash. On Monday I plan to reseat the cables and/or lug over
a replacement tray. Any further investigation today was cut short due
to some unfortunate news.

Frenchie