[tech] Half Height Rack

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 19 21:07:33 WST 2010

Hi,

[MRD] has organised for us to acquire a half-height, full depth rack from
the ?Motorola? building. This will allow us to rack mount some of the
newer servers such as maaxen. To put this in, we need to lose one of the
racks in the machine room. This is your invitation to argue about it.

My personal opinion is that we should remove the right hand (full height)
rack, and put the new one in its place. This would allow us to use the
window above it for a second in-window aircon, instead of buying an overly
expensive dual hose portable. Also, just for the record, we use less than
half of the available rack space in the old full height rack, and there
are no machines in the middle rack that are actually used.

Bob Adamson
UCC Treasurer

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |