[tech] Door Circuitry

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Aug 29 23:35:58 WST 2010

Hi All,

Sad news - our door relay has kicked the bucket. Somehow the electronic
lock got a short in it, killing the modem (!) that drives the relay. Of
course, being UCC, this modem was a complete box of hackery. Adrian and
myself are working on a simple circuit to replace it, but haven't had any
luck yet.

So for the next couple of days we're going to have to use the old
fashioned key system. I have a copy of the key, and as far as I know,
committee members can borrow the ucc key from the guild reception. Please
don't climb down the wall - aside from the fact that it is hideously
dangerous, it leaves marks on the wall.

If anyone knows anything about how the old setup worked (particularly the
success/failure sensing in the binary) please give me a yell.

Bob Adamson
UCC Treasurer

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |