[tech] mylah and musundo repurposing, virtualisation and storage

Adrian Chadd adrian at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 11 08:13:01 WST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010, James Andrewartha wrote:

> CentOS seems to be the way to go, as OpenSolaris just integrated Xen 3.4
> so it's probably a bit early for production use. The only trick will be
> PCI passthrough of the SCSI controller for amanda.

I suggest perhaps ignoring trying to do anything tricky with Xen to start
with and instead just migrate the non-tricky VMs into suitable places.

Tricky stuff can come later. Eg - it's a tape device, there's no real
reason why you couldn't run or write/run some form of tape proxy for
Amanda via dom0.

Adrian