[tech] 4x Sunfire v20z's from FAHSS

James French frenchie at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 16 11:09:27 WST 2010

> So we were unable to install Windows Server 2008 R2, as it's only
> available in 64bit. We could just install it without virtualisation, but
> the install media is a DVD, so we can't boot from it, and the v20z doesn't
> boot from USB. [JCF] suggested using http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html
> as a bootloader for a USB drive with the installer copied to it using
> http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

I have both of these prepared, I might take a long lunch and setup
Windows on one of the two hosts not intended for VMWare (keeping the
one remaining host as spare parts). I'd strongly reccomend that we
don't rush into AD and that we actually spend a bit of time thinking
about how we're going to do it properly.

F.