[tech] [Resnet] Update

Richard Wotherspoon richard.wotherspoon at uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 18 11:46:22 WST 2010

Hi All,

The Traffic Management device has now been installed and link has been upgraded to 60M.

I have now re instated the percentage based split for each of the colleges like what was experienced during the trial period. (e.g 20% of the link is dedicated to CurrieHall etc.)

I have also created a general ruleset for the majority of internet protocols (i.e high priority for Skype, MSN Messenger over BitTorrent, etc) but if there are any reports of problems/slowness for other specific types, please let me know and i will prioritise accordingly.

Any questions/concerns please feel free to contact me,

Regards,
Richard

Richard Wotherspoon | Network Administrator

Information Technology Services, Information Services Division
The University of Western Australia
M463, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA, 6009
Telephone: +61 8 6488 2574
Fax: +61 8 6488 4751
CRICOS Code: 00126G