[tech] New clubroom machine and graphics card

Anil Sharma maset at ucc.asn.au
Thu Jul 29 15:13:22 WST 2010

I propose getting a number of cores that will actually be used.

make -j kinda counts, except this is going to be a desktop machine,
not a server.

As I've said many times before, it's your club, do what you want.
However, I see zero point in going down the surplus cores, lower
performance route.

Cheers,
Anil