[tech] Latest Donations

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 18:40:51 WST 2010

Hi All,

Just a quick update of some of the gear that has been donated to the club
in the last week or so:

-A full rack SAN from ITS, thanks [RPS]

Though we can't use the entire rack, as it requires 3-pin 3 phase power,
the rack has a number of cool parts that I think UCC will find very
useful; two shelves of 300GB FC disks, a 2Gb/24 port EMC FC switch, two
UPS's (1RU, 1000W, 4 plugs at 5A, working!).

-A Dell Poweredge 1800, 2650 and 2850 from Reid Library IT

We picked up the 1800 today, and the other two we're waiting to be wiped.
I think we should switch the disks from murjan (which is a 2650) straight
into the 2850, then have the two 2650's available for members to use for
colo's/members/whatever.

Bob Adamson
UCC Treasurer

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |