[tech] Rome Upgrade

Mitch Kelly mitch at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 7 03:53:34 WST 2010

Hi,

I plan to upgrade my personal Colo box (Rome.ucc), It will have a decent
graphics card on it that will support OpenGL on the ticker screens as well
as better support for the TV tuner, If anyone wants to help with dev on it
speak to rvvs89 J

Rome will go off next Friday for about 1hr, No data will be lost on it as
the old drive will just be mirrored.

The TV tuner in it will be upgraded to a Digital Card, Most likely a
Conexant or Bt878 or similar. The Video card will be a 9600GT.

This is NOT a Club PC(Personal Colo box), But this email is more of a FYI
for those who have accounts on it.

Heat will be reduced to a minimum and power also, I plan to have the new box
an Intel Dual core Atom (16Watts)

Mitch