[tech] 31/3/10

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 31 18:24:13 WST 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Daniel J. Axtens wrote:

> In answer to the famous question posed by Ryan North ("What are the
> haps my friends"), these are the "awesome fun times" we've had today.
>
> - madako's hdd has been moved into a delta, which has been installed
> into the rack.
>    * grub config and fstab has been changed to point to hdb, not hda.
> No idea why that was necessary
>    * udev has been battered into submission
>    * no network cables are plugged in yet
>    * it's on KVM 7; 6 doesn't seem to work. This hasn't been written down yet.
> Thanks to [BOB] for doing most of the work, and [SLX], and [EDO] for
> helping with this.

Incidentally, tomorrow is your last chance to get the network switched
back to the clubroom before the Easter long weekend, and the LAN. I would
say "do it", move martello and mooneye back when we can, and I'm happy to
come and show people how to sort stuff out tomorrow at 4ish if it needs doing.

David Adam
UCC Wheel Member
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au