[tech] [committee] Want

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 26 19:35:22 WST 2011

In terms of primary linux boxes (that only run linux, not dual booting
with windows, not thinterm, and not broken^w solaris), we have humpback
and pinball.

Humpback:
P4 3.00GHz, 1GB DDR1 533 (in 512MB sticks), slow wd green hdd, no optical
drive, (doesn't even have usb2 I believe).

Pinball:
P4 3.00GHz, 1GB DDR2 667, wd caviar 80G hdd, dvd-rom

Pinball is maybe passable, but Humpback leaves a lot to be desired,
especially since it's such a heavily used machine.

Andrew Adamson
UCC President
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live."     |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |