[tech] Red is now useful

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 3 23:26:31 WST 2011

Hi,

Well...it took 5 months and 6 failed unix derivative installs, but red is
_finally_ working!

We're running Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10), the graphics are all working with
the XVR-1200 cards, and member logins are all working too. Thanks to
[TRS], [NTU] and [AHC] for all the help. All that remains is to install
OpenGL and WolfET :P

For future reference, to change anything to do with the resolution/colour
depth, use fbconfig.

We should probably get a non-shit screen for it now too.

Bob Adamson
UCC Treasurer

|"Bureaucracy is a challenge to the be conquered with a righteous        |
|attitude, an intolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary" |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |