[tech] Madako, Mylah and Mooneye News

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 11:10:33 WST 2011

In less dramatic news, Madako and Mooneye have both been upgraded to
Debian 6.0.1. This mostly gives us new kernels and new versions of
software, which has allowed a few things like getting NTP working properly
within the club.

ipset is still moderately useful to UCC on Madako, and is not yet in the
mainline kernel shipped by Debian; I followed the procedure detailed in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=528990#43 and it seems to
be running fine.

Also, Mylah's /space (which hosts /services and /away) was running out of
space, so I added the remaining 20 gigabytes that were available on the
RAID array. That only brings the total available to 26 gigabytes. I will
email people who have lots of stuff in their /away directory, and also
think about moving some of the material in /space that we can probably
care a bit less about onto the SAN.

[DAA]