[tech] Post Rack Switch Status Update

Matt Didcoe matt at mattdidcoe.com
Sun Jun 26 13:09:33 WST 2011

Update from 1300hrs (a.k.a I can't be fucked cleaning up any more, lets get lunch time)

Camwhore is working again on all cameras, many thanks to [TPG] for that one. The Machine Room SE camera cabling is "special" but with some prodding its come good, had to reangle the MR SW camera as well to be on the door (got knocked when roof was lifted).

Clubroom is slightly less disastrous now, sadly the hard work [ASH] put in the other day is no more. I have other things to do with my weekend though so I don't have much more time to spend on that one today.

Mylah needs to be replaced, this disk situation is becoming (a) annoying; (b) costly (where we've had to buy disks); and (c) a time sink. Perhaps another motsugo or maybe something less powerful that we can just make mussel physical on and put any other VMs over to motsugo.

Musundo didn't come back because it was still sitting at the open boot screen I believe (again, Zanchey knows best). I've reconnected its RSC so that can be fixed.

Management wise Musundo and Motsugo are both reconnected. Maaxen still needs doing.

The CNAME that was in place to make sure IRC kept working was also removed yesterday incase anyone was wondering :)

Overall I'd classify it as a success - I believe Frenchie got some photos earlier which I believe are on the way now.

[MRD]