[tech] Murasoi IP address

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun May 8 09:26:34 WST 2011

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 05:30:26PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
[...]
> If I ahd to guess as to why it's not .1, its because I bet the guild/UCS
> was once .1 on that (or 130.95.100.0/23, the previous UCC network) many,
> many moons ago.

Yep, it used to be our incoming network interface address:
http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/tech/2001-May/001504.html

Makes sense to use 130.95.13.1 now, given a little warning here.

I was wondering how fast a TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND can do gigabit
routing. murasoi will do a better job, of course, but if for $75 we
could have a low power emergency backup router, that's a bonus. As you
mention it could even be a hot backup with CARP.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal