[tech] NTP

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 11 00:45:16 WST 2011

I'm no ntp expert, but from what I can tell, mooneye was looking at its
hardware clock for the time, instead of time.uwa.edu.au. It's hardware
clock is about a minute out, so I'm not quite sure what it would have
done. Anyway, I added 'prefer' to the end of the time.uwa.edu.au line and
restarted the server. It appears to have come good, but it will take a few
days for it to drift if it's going to. As for the other servers, some
didn't have ntp installed, others had the wrong/old servers configured,
and some were matching mooneye's time. Most are matching now I think.

Bob