[tech] Mylah replacement

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 31 17:09:44 WST 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Andrew Adamson wrote:
> Now that the camp has been competely costed up it's time to start thinking
> about what we want as a mylah replacement. So, what do we want to
> buy/build?

Mylah currently:

- hosts the large secondary disk array which is 762GB of data
- is the primary initiator for the EMC SAN (which holds
  /mp3s and miscellaneous large data stores)
- shares both of these via NFS and Samba
- is the Samba domain master
- is the Xen Dom0 for Mussel

If we get a 64-bit machine with paravirtualisation support, we could have
a VM cluster rather than running Xen on one server and kvm on the other.

[DAA]