[tech] [ucc] Minutes of Meeting 1st February 2012

Bob Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 1 22:55:26 WST 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012, matches at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au wrote:
<snipsnipsnip>
> UCC Committee Minutes 01-02-2012
> Machine Technical Reports
> -------------------------
> Servers
>  - Remote management on motsugo crashed
>  - [BOB] fixed using magical powers

By 'crashed' I mean its IP address somehow became corrupt - it had a
meaningless IP address and the subnet mask was the original IP address.
Weird. Anyway the fix was as follows:

To show the current network config of the Baseboard Management Controller :
motsugo# ipmitool lan print 1

And to reboot the just the BMC (without restarting the entire machine):
motsugo# ipmitool bmc reset cold

Andrew Adamson
UCC President
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live."     |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |