[tech] Humpback Replacement

matches at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au matches at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 7 11:17:36 WST 2012

Hi,

Following Bob's suggestion, I priced up something similar to Clownfish:

Price      Type            Model
79         Case            CoolerMaster Elite 342 RC342 420W PS
110        Motherboard     Asus F1A75-M-LE FM1 USB3 Hudson D3 RAID GLAN DVI MB
149        CPU             MD A8-3870K Quad Core Fusion FM1 CPU 3.0Ghz 4Mb
                            Llano 3870 AD3870WNGXBOX Boxed HS & Fan
129        Hard drive      Seagate 1TB SATA3 32Mb Cache Barracuda
                            7200RPM / SATA 6Gb/s
69         Memory         8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz G.Skill 2X4Gb
                           Kit Ripjaws-X 12800 Heatsink F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
29         DVDRW Drive    LG GH24-NS70 24X SATA Black
                           DVDRW, Dual Layer Kit; DVDRAM

The total is $565

This ended up being a lot less than $1100, and is also cheaper than
Clownfish; the savings are in the Hard drive and the DVDRW drive (vs
Clownfish's bluray). Most of the other parts are similar or the same,
and also of similar or identical prices.

If we want to spend more money and get something better, I'm happy to
redo this.

For those who care, here are the links:

Case:
http://www.netplus.com.au/product/CACOELI342-042/CoolerMaster_Elite_342_RC342_Case_420W_PS_RC-342-KKR4_120mm_Fan_uATX_Compact

Motherboard:
http://www.netplus.com.au/product/MBASF1A75-M-LE/Asus_F1A75-M-LE_FM1_USB3_Hudson_D3_RAID_GLAN_DVI_MB

CPU:
http://www.netplus.com.au/product/CPAMM3-4-A8-3870/AMD_A8-3870K_Quad_Core_Fusion_FM1_CPU_3.0Ghz_4Mb_Llano_3870_AD3870WNGXBOX_Boxed_HS_&_Fan

Hard drive: http://www.netplus.com.au/product/HDSE72RSATA999G
/Seagate_1TB_SATA3_32Mb_Cache_Barracuda_7200RPM_SATA_6Gbs_PN:_ST31000524AS

Memory:
http://www.netplus.com.au/product/MYD316-8192GK/8Gb_DDR3_1600Mhz_G.Skill_2X4Gb_Kit_Ripjaws-X_12800_Heatsink_F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

DVD Drive:
http://www.netplus.com.au/product/OPLGGH20NS10/LG_GH24-NS70_24X_SATA_Black_DVDRW,_Dual_Layer_Kit;_DVDRAM_

Everything is from netplus, because it was more convenient to get
everything from one place than to trawl the internet in the hopes of
saving $50.

I am eagerly eager to anticipate your insightful grammatical criticism.

[SZM]
UCC OCM 2011