[tech] Humpback Replacement

Alwyn Lloyd zarquin at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 9 08:48:42 WST 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Bob Adamson wrote:

> I refer you to the difference in cleanliness between the gaming machine
> keyboards and the mechanical keyboard on clownfish (opensuse machine).
> Clownfishes is still clean, the gaming machines are disgusting -
> Coincidence?

What will stop someone taking the wonderful mechanical keyboard and
plugging it into a gaming machine?

Is it a sealed keyboard?

While i acknowledge the true superiority of the mechanical action
keyboard, and, with the reasoning behind why spending so much on a
keyboard could be justified, I can't see how it will be a good investment.

It seems that's $100 more than is necessary, which could be used to
purchase 4 Adiuino boards, or an mBed for example...

If however, the keyboard could be assured to be clean and nice to use for
3-4 years, then it's probably a worthwhile purchase.

[ZAR]