[tech] Martello down

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 31 09:13:00 WST 2012

Martello crashed last night (2012 Jan 30 23:29:52), possibly from a tg3
network driver bug.

I upgraded it to Debian 6.0.4 earlier in the day but it hadn't rebooted
for a new kernel yet. The new version does have a bunch of tg3 fixes,
though.

There's nothing particuarly important service-wise running on Martello;
most clients are pointed at it for LDAP but that's been running happily on
Motsugo for a few months now, and we can probably change them over (to
point at ldap-slave rather than direct to motsugo).

[DAA]