[tech] (no subject)

Andrew Gozzard gozzarda at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 1 12:11:19 WST 2012

Note to all:

As of 11am Friday 2012-06-01, one clubroom Win7 machine (Combtail) is
non-operational, and one (Catfish) is in need of service.

On the morning of 2012-06-01, Frames ([*OX]) tried to reinstall Win7 on
Combtail. According to Frames, this has made the box completely
non-operational, though I am unaware of the details of the issue.

On the morning of 2012-06-01, I attempted to use Catfish (booting Win7)
and found the machine to be incredibly unstable, as it crashed several
times. On one occasion, the motherboard had to restore the BIOS
automatically from a backup.

Regards,
Andrew Gozzard [GOZ]