[tech] [ucc] Minutes of UCC Committee Meeting 2012-05-29

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 29 18:11:07 WST 2012

> Desktops
> - Virus scans on Combtail and Catfish.
> - [GOZ] "3000 instances of RamNet"
> - No antivirus software until now.

Nothing was sent to the list about this, so can whoever dealt with it
please fill us in? Any machine with a virus should be nuked and completely
reinstalled.

UWA's fprot antivirus site licence has not been renewed as far as I know,
so we will need to look at other options for antivirus. Until we decide
otherwise, I think all the machines should have microsoft security
essentials installed on them.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |