[tech] Motsugo Downtime (Don't worry, it already happened)

Sam Moore matches at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 23 19:30:15 WST 2013

Hi,

Motsugo was giving I/O errors around 3:00pm today, so someone ([MSH] ?)
rebooted it. It hung before the BIOS on detecting PCI devices. Due to the
committee meeting that was happening at the same time, it stayed hung
until [BG3] and I power cycled it (just rebooting it again had no effect).

I think mussel was rebooted as well for some reason.
Because motsugo was down, mussel couldn't mount /home, so that might have
caused some issues as well.

Due to motsugo being rebooted without any warning, some of the
meeting minutes might be lost.

[SZM]