[tech] Summer Colo shutdown request

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 13 20:15:07 WST 2013

As I understand it, you're not using sophocles for any hardware
experimentation, so is there any reason it can't be turned into a VM on
medico? It's just that sophocles uses the old P4 generation xeons which
run really hot.

If you really want your own physical machine that has to be on all the
time, could you upgrade to something that is substantially cooler?

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |