[tech] Deep Thought, or its replacement

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 29 09:04:29 WST 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 11:42:29PM +0800, Nic wrote:
[...]
> Will this affect our goal to get a wireless connection to UCC for the clubroom?

Ah - good point. How's that going?

Sounds like Alice McCullagh <alice.mccullagh at gmail.com> is the contact.
(Hi!)
(unisfa-committee too, but it's nice to have someone specific)
(You may as well subscribe to this list too:
)

If you're going to have multiple machines, wireless or not, we should
probably just give you a range of addresses, like we do when using
machines in the Loft.

You could just use a ready-to-go wireless NAT router, but it'd be nice
to choose one that makes it possible to manage and so that you or I can
log in from outside and see what's going on.

e.g. when someone tries to start torrenting (not that you couldn't
already), you'll want to know where it's coming from.

Something like UCC's coromandel. Or:
http://msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=9481
for a $78 shiny new version.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal