[tech] DeepThought

Andrew Gozzard gozzarda at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 30 10:15:09 WST 2013

I have previously discussed this with Winslade, Nic, and a few UCC
members, all of whom seemed happy with this setup, but I will reiterate it
here.

Option for Windows DeepThought:
   UCC sets up the machine running our Windows SOE configuration, with a
few key differences:
  - Do NOT mount /away/ (Avoid all filesystem contact)
  - Do NOT add network logins (local logins only)
  - Include UCC's normal local admin account (this isn't a difference)
  - Include a local UniSFA admin account, UniSFA manages the password
  - Include a local UniSFA public account for member use (if wanted)

This allows UniSFA to administer the system themselves, but also allows
wheel members to administrate it remotely using the local admin
credentials, if need be.

Gozz