[tech] Why we should not use Mint as the SOE

Sam Moore matches at ucc.asn.au
Thu Apr 10 22:45:26 WST 2014

This is a good suggestion. Especially since some distros just don't seem
to run on some machines (eg: Cabellera).

Mint on Porcupine defaulted to MATE. However it unfortunately did not
have any menus. Trying to create the application menu eventually leads
to a choice between 4 different menus and picking the best one fixes the
problem.

[SZM]