[tech] OpenSSL "Heartbleed" Issues

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 09:01:34 WST 2014

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Sam Moore wrote:
> On 10/04/14 11:44, Sam Moore wrote:
> > Servers
> > -------
> >
> >   From #ucc I gather that [DAA] already updated all our servers.

I did all the machines that are on phonehome. So there are probably a few
floating around that don't have the new versions. Phonehome is in the SOE
so people responsible for creating those machines (isn't there a new print
server or something) need to add it.

> > But if you have a collocated machine you need to update your openssl
> > libraries yourself.
> >

> A reminder to people that yes you actually do need to update ssl on your
> VM or collocated machine or bad things can (and did) happen and we will
> kill it with fire. Or it will kill us. But hopefully the former.

Like what? Can't we just firewall them off?

[DAA]