[tech] Wheel/Tech Meeting and the File Server Build (Finally)

Mitchell Pomery bobgeorge33 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Apr 19 17:56:58 WST 2014

Hello People,

The File Server is nearly ready for building! So on Friday the 9th of May
(as to avoid overlapping LANzac and the quiz night, and also to allow me
to check we have all the needed cables), there will be a wheel/tech
meeting. All Welcome.

Date: 9th May
Time: 6PM

The Agenda for the meeting is:
- A SSOE that can be used for things like Learn2Linux and Intro to
Programming - Wether we want it, what sort of environment it would be etc
etc.
- Rules for Colos and VMs and maybe some sort of network usage monitor
- The UPS, what happened, and it's current state
- What machines need upgrading/replacing in the next year
- The NetApp that was donated to us by NetApp
- Neatening up the Machine room - Making cables easier to trace
- And of course, Building the new File Server
- Anything else people want to talk about

Mitch
UCC President 2014