[tech] Medico and Motsugo disks

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Feb 14 23:10:54 WST 2014

Evening all,

I've replaced the failed disk in medico with a new samsung 128GB 840 pro.
Unfortunately I had to bounce medico to work out which disk was which
because the disks don't have activity lights. The raid array is already
back up and I'm sorting out a warranty replacement of the failed OCZ
Vertex 4.

I've also added another new samsung ssd to motsugo (same model) so that we
can put motsugo's system disk into mirrored raid. Having a single system
disk on such a critical machine was making me (and others) nervous. The
move to raid should happen this weekend. Normally this *could* be done
without rebooting the machine, but I would like to bounce it just to
be sure that it'll come up properly after a power failure.

Thanks to matches for taking the time to buy the new disks along with the
rest of the fileserver parts.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |