[tech] File Server Case

Mitchell Pomery bob_george33 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 15 00:07:44 WST 2014

The case we initially budgeted for is unavailable, so I have had a look for alternative cases.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/2u/?chs=216
I have spoken to DigiCor and they have quoted $1199.00 ex. + $25.00 freight. I am not sure if that freight is them shipping to us or not. But in total it comes to $1343.90. This is us getting it with either all low Profile slots, or a mix of low profile and full height cards. This case also comes with a 900W redundant power supply that we cannot get removed.
This compares to $1113 for the case and 460W power supply that we have budgeted for. We unfortunately have already ordered the PSU, so without returning it cannot afford to order this case.
Has anyone else looked at other cases and do you have suggestions?
If we go for this case we either need to return the PSU we have ordered, get committee to increase our budget but $500 (breathing room) or acquire money another way to be able to afford it.
[BG3]