[tech] Motsugo is dead (long live mantis)

Sam Moore matches at ucc.asn.au
Fri Feb 21 01:22:48 WST 2014

So...

Whilst attempting to add the second disk to raid1, [BOB] and I managed
to resize /dev/md1 to 12.5% of what we thought we were resizing it to,
which caused large parts of motsugo's filesystem to start disappearing.
/home (and hence user data) is OK, except you can't get to it because
motsugo is down. Which means you can't login to any other servers either.

So that's why everything is FITH at the moment. Motsugo is probably
going to need a reinstall. The latest update was that it can't even get
past grub.

In other news, O'Day is still tomorrow/today, so try not to break any -
oh god what am I saying

[SZM]