[tech] Mini IDE converter

Keir Campbell keir.campbell at uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 13 20:55:36 WST 2014

Hey Bob,
I've got one. I'll keep it with me when I'm around and I'll try to get it to you.

Lots of love,
- vanish

Hi All,

I have an old 2.5" miniature IDE/PATA laptop drive that I need to get some data off. Does anybody have an adapter floating around that I could borrow and will allow me to read it?
Anything that can convert to full-sized IDE, SATA or USB should do. A compact flash reader would probably do the trick too, but I'm unsure if all CF readers can supply enough current for a spinning disk.

Thanks :)

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |
Unsubscribe here: http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/mailman/options/tech/21342631%40student.uwa.edu.au