[tech] git.ucc

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 27 15:19:32 WST 2014

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014, Sam Moore wrote:
> It was broken, but Zanchey fixed it by enabling the git daemon again.

For whatever reason, all of the flags indicating that the repositories
were ok to list publically disappeared (the file `git-daemon-export-ok`
in each repo).

[ASH] (I think) added a `gitweb = no` flag to the gitosis configuration,
and removing this and rerunning the gitosis hooks seems to have fixed
everything, although whether it was the former or the latter I am not
sure.

I added a comment explaining that `gitweb = no` is probably not a terribly
sensible configuration in any case.

I also updated the gitweb theme (in ~git/gitweb-theme) and linked it into
the git.ucc webspace (~git/public-html).

I have been meaning to convert our gitosis install to gitorious, which is
newer, more flexible, and better maintained, but doing it reasonably
seamlessly is not entirely trivial.

[DAA]