[tech] proposed purchase of presenter and mic equipment

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Apr 26 15:20:58 AWST 2015

Hi Andrew,

I've not got much experience with presenters, but that one looks fine and
logitech usually does pretty good peripherals.

As for the microphone, I suggest that if you're getting a wired one, that
you also get a 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to suit, as I found this was
frequently needed when I was using my own mic at UCC.

Would it be worth looking at a wireless lapel mic though? If we're going
for fluidity in presentations it certainly helps if the presenter has both
hands free for typing/mouse/pointer use. A quick ebay search shows a bunch
of cheaper vhf wireless systems that are within the budget. I'm unsure how
much vhf noise there is around UWA, so we could have some interference,
but the cost is low enough that it's probably worth trying anyway.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |