[tech] Sogo behaving badly (on Mussel)

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Fri Aug 7 22:58:07 AWST 2015

I think I've got sogo working again.

The cause of the logs/memory seems to be using ABI
incompatible libraries for SSL LDAP. It was calling accept()
on a /dev/urandom file descriptor! James found it earlier
http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3211
Possibly Debian don't link to OpenSSL because of license
conflicts with GNUStep or something.

Removing the encryption lines from the config fixes it:
mussel:/home/other/calendar/GNUstep/Defaults# diff gnustepdefaultsbackup-matt .GNUstepDefaults
57,58d56
<       <key>encryption</key>
<       <string>SSL</string>
66c64
<       <string>636</string>
---
>       <string>389</string>

In the process I upgraded to the current nightly sogo deb -
no idea if it improves anything, I've now commented out both
lines in apt sources.list anyway.

I also found I had to remove my entry in the postgresql
table, otherwise I just got a page that said
        object not found: Matt => Calendar
Fixed with
        delete from sogo_user_profile where c_uid = 'matt';
and my calendar/address book seem intact.

Can someone try if their login works? We might need to
empty the sogo_user_profile table.

Matt