[tech] the Xserve

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 3 15:14:09 AWST 2015

[BG3] arranged for the donation of an old Intel Xserve (1,1) which we have
been trying to get running.

It boots and the external VGA adapter works fine, so now all we need to do
is get an OS onto it.

Unfortunately it refuses to boot the iMac 10.6 discs (apparently requiring
10.6 Server Edition) and AFAICT it's not possible to buy any 10.7 media
any longer. apparently there is no separate Xserve media for 10.7.

If anyone has either 10.6 Xserve or 10.7 installation discs that they
could provide to UCC we'd like to get an OS X server up and going.

David Adam
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au