[tech] Molmol downtime

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed May 6 11:19:10 AWST 2015

Hi all

I want to reboot Molmol on Friday evening.

There is a newer kernel that needs installing (so that we are running a
supported version of FreeBSD) and a new SSD that [BOB] salvaged from
Mylah that didn't appear on hotplug. We can use the SSD as a read cache
and the new kernel should improve some performance issues a bit.

All VMs hosted on shared storage will experience an I/O pause and /away
& Windows desktops will stop working briefly. The outage time should be
about five minutes all told, and I'll try and do it reasonably late in
the evening, say 9:30?

Thanks,

David Adam
UCC Wheel Member