[tech] More space on Molmol

Frames oxinabox at ucc.asn.au
Thu Aug 11 09:17:49 AWST 2016

Thanks Zanchey
I got pretty close.

Spinning up a netapp for the webcam archieve is certainly a nonaweful idea.
And that could hold us by until someone gets up the guts to try a
distributed storage solution.
Or 2.5inch drives show up.

Gozz was suggesting we could be storing the webcams as a compressed
video format,
which should work well, as a lot of the frames are very similar.
That (and other things) could be experimented with, when the webcams are
on other storage.

[*OX]