[tech] [committee] UCC Technologies

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 8 20:30:51 AWST 2016

Hi Damian,

The system in the clubroom has just been replaced - old robotnik was
having a few hardware problems I believe, and it has been replaced with a
raspberry pi called eggman.

Robotnik was an x86 machine (I don't recall much more about the hardware),
running ubuntu or debian. The music was mostly stored on an nfs share,
with a little local storage on robotnik itself for playlists and
user-uploaded content. We use an assortment of interfaces for it; locally
on robotnik there was phpmp as a web interface as well as ncmpc as a
command line interface. We also had Ario on most of the desktop as part of
the SOE, but I don't think that got used much.

Eggman is still being set up. For now I think someone has just stuck MPD
on it so we can have basic music services. The plan in the future is to
install something that has spotify support in addition to the mpd
capabilities, such as mopidy. I believe members also want the ability to
drag/drop youtube links on to the interface to make it play those over the
speakers too.

Shoot an email to tech@ if you have any further questions.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |