[tech] Purchase of 2 New Machines

Mitchell Pomery mjpomery at ucc.asn.au
Mon Mar 7 14:46:55 AWST 2016

Hey All,

As per meeting minutes, we are looking at purchasing two new machines.
Specs for both are as follows:

Mid Sized ATX Case
750 Watt Modular Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Motherboard
Intel Core i5 6400
16GB RAM (in 2x8GB Sticks)
2x 2TB Hard Drives (One for operating system, one for files/games)
DVD Drive
GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Cost is just around $1100 per machine.

One machine will also need a Windows license (Roughly $200), with the
preference being to get a Windows 7 License if possible, otherwise going
with a Windows 10 one.

Total cost: Around $2500, depending on who we get it from.

Aim is to build two machines that could operate as either Windows or Linux
machines, with one of these taking the place of Cockgrunter, the other
taking the place of Pinball. The parts salvaged from these two machines
will be put into other machines where suitable, or be disposed of/put into
the parts bin where not.

Regards,
Mitchell Pomery

2015 President