[tech] Bits for proxmox hosts

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 25 14:49:26 AWST 2017

Hi Committee + Tech,

While I was upgrading proxmox last month I noticed a couple of things we
need+want for the cluster hosts:

Loveday
- needs two new 120mm front fans as one of them is dead

Maltair
- has remote management console capability but doesn't have a licence
dongle to enable it.

Medico
- has a stick of ECC ram with a single bit error. The machine has been
beeping for some time because of this.

I would also like to get a 500G SSD for each of the three hosts, so that
we can set up ceph and have FAST clustered local storage on each host.
This will allow us to run core servers (and especially machines hosting
databases) while also allowing us to move those machines around between
hosts as necessary. Currently mussel is hosted locally on maltair, but its
space is limited and we have to shut it down to move it to another host.
Having the extra space would allow us to virtualise mooneye as well,
rather than buying a whole new server.

So, things I would like to buy:
1 of http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152435510280
3 of http://www.austin.net.au/samsung-850-evo-500gb-internal-solid-state-dr.html
2 of http://www.austin.net.au/cooler-master-sickleflow-120-blue-led-fan-rif.html
1 of http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152435510280
1 of http://www.vtechindustries.com.au/catalog/product/view/id/41680/

Total without postage: $888.79

Anyway, I cc'ed tech@ here in case anyone has a better idea, alternatives,
or protests, but failing this, please consider this my request to have
this approved at next weeks committee meeting.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |