[tech] dcc on mooneye

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 1 09:53:36 AWST 2017

CC-ing to [email protected] so that others may learn...

For those reading at home, DCC is a hash sharing system used in spam
filtering to recognise bulk email: https://www.rhyolite.com/dcc/

We were using dcc until a debian upgrade meant zanchey had to restore a
default spamassassin config. I haven't bothered looking at it since
because the spam filtering was working well enough for my needs.

The DCC module is loaded with a line in /etc/spamassassin/v310.pre, but
then the local.cf config isn't telling spamassassin to filter traffic
using said module.

If anyone is keen, the old config on mooneye is in
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf.dpkg-old and would need porting to
/etc/spamassassin/local.cf.

It would be good if we could re-enable pyzor and razor at the same time
(more spam reporting and detection services).

If a non-wheel member wants to take a look at this, poke me and we'll see
what we can do.

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |