[tech] Active Directory / UCC Tech Day

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 16 07:41:41 AWST 2017

This Sunday, 19 February, we're going to work on bringing UCC's
authentication and authorisation systems firmly into the 2000s by
converting our Windows NT Domain to Active Directory, and using Samba as
the primary database instead of OpenLDAP.

Also, it's a good opportunity to sort out any lingering issues with
other systems before O'Day.

Everyone is welcome - whether you're a wheel member or just
interested in making UCC work a bit better. Let's try and get started from
11 am or thereabouts.

Basically, I think we need to:

* Set up a test server (or, you know, just do it live)
* Convert the Windows machines
* Work out how to convert the Linux machines
* Write a new adduser script
* Look at how to change dispense

See you then,

David Adam