[tech] Proxmox upgrade status

Andrew Adamson bob at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 7 13:28:10 AWST 2017

Hi All,

The proxmox upgrade went fairly well, though the prep work took a lot
longer than I thought it would. Current status is:

Maltair: running proxmox 4, now with mirrored SSD's as system disks

Heathred: installed with proxmox 4 and renamed to loveday. It now only
has two SSD's instead of four, since VM's can be stored centrally now.

Both of the above are set up in a 2 machine cluster for now.

Medico: still has proxmox 3, isn't in the cluster, and hasn't been
reinstalled yet.

TODO:

- The heathred machine image needs to be set up as a VM on loveday, and
the VM's it was hosting can be de-nested and run on proxmox.

- Set up wheel keys, fail2ban, disk schedulers, other tidbits

- Nuke and set up medico

User logins and vm creation should all be as before, but the container
creation is probably a bit different. If the next person to create one
could update wiki.ucc.asn.au/Proxmox that would be great. As usual, the
web interface is only accessible from inside the UCC network on
https://maltair.ucc.asn.au:8006 or https://loveday.ucc.asn.au:8006

Andrew Adamson
bob at ucc.asn.au

|"If you can't beat them, join them, and then beat them."                |
| ---Peter's Laws                                                        |