[tech] Active Directory Migration

Coffee coffee at ucc.asn.au
Sun Oct 8 13:12:59 AWST 2017

Hi everyone,

Recently I've been experimenting with adding Linux machines to the new
Active Directory domain and I have gotten to the point where I am
confident that Linux desktops should behave as expected.

At this point I have moved Chubsucker to the new domain to ensure that
the current config works within the clubroom, and if we encounter no
significant issues I feel we should start to work on migrating more
machines and services.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a way to map GID 0 (wheel) due
to technical limitations, so instead I've added the group wheelnew (GID
512) to Chubsucker's sudoers file as a substitute.

Regards,

Zack Wong

[CFE]