[tech] Trouble editing wikisfa Committee page

David Adam zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 11 11:18:13 AWST 2018

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018, Nic Browning wrote:
> I've been updating a bunch of pages on the unisfa wiki and one page won't let me edit it.
>
> Whenever I try to edit http://wikisfa.ucc.asn.au/Committee clicking any
> of the buttons on the edit page returns:
>
> Bad Request
>
> The browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand.
>
> Would you be able to check why it's not letting me do anything for that
> one page? I haven't had any issue with other pages, new or old.

I think we're running into
https://github.com/GrahamDumpleton/mod_wsgi/issues/187 (can't send POST
requests of more than 10 kb), which is why it only happens with really big
pages like the theftbook.

I upgraded to a newer version of libapache2-mod-wsgi (4.5.11-1 to
4.5.17-1+b1) from Debian testing, which seems to have fixed the problem
with the TheftBook - Nic, can you try the UniSFA wiki again?

David Adam
UCC Wheel Member
zanchey at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au