[tech] [wheel] Fwd: IMPORTANT: Upcoming UWA planned firewall upgrades (Sun 18/11 & 9/12)

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Nov 1 16:55:43 AWST 2018

Matt Tavani <matt.tavani at uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> If you have any questions, would like to be involved in the working group or
> just to be kept informed, please let me know.

Hi Matt, all! Thanks for the heads up.

Yes thanks - if you could keep wheel at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au informed/in mind,
as the UCC's tech-contact group, we'd appreciate it.

We'll do testing and probably notice fairly soon if IPv6 (or IPv4)
connectivity doesn't come back. :)

Looking forward to accessing the old bogon 1.1.1.1 in due course!
https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111/

(
  We also have an open "tech" group, which includes wheel, our sysadmin group.
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_(computing)
)

Thanks,
Nick.
UCC Wheel member

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal